Sunday, June 24, 2007

New Camera





Since Grace was born, our picture-taking output has increased exponentially, and I have been dying to get a new camera. We have a great little point-and-shoot camera that does a great job--and I have no room to complain when there are starving children in Africa--but it would kill me when we would miss a great picture because our camera was so slow. We would get Grace to smile for a moment, but by the time the flash geared up and the camera warmed up, the smile was long gone and Grace was looking off elsewhere. It doesn't take the clearest, most colorful pictures either. So, after much longing, much research, and much saving, I finally said goodbye to shutter lag. I bought myself a new digital SLR. I opted for the Nikon d40. And now that I have a nice camera, I imagine I will channel my inner photographer more, which means that I will probably be posting pictures more often on my blog. I hope that will be an improvement. We've tried the camera out a little over the weekend. Here are some of the results.

5 comments:

cblakes said...

my first thought when I saw those pics was "Oh, I guess Allison was visiting Ian and Katie."

I always liked Nikon. As an Inkley's Camera Salesman I think you made a fine choice.

The lighting of the pics of Gracie in her chair is sweet!

Matt said...

Welcome to the D40 world! You're going to love it!

Ian said...

Thanks Cblakes and Matt. I'm really excited about the camera. That's a good point about the lighting on those pics. I hadn't picked those up.

Anonymous said...

The more pictures of Grace, the better! She is so adorable. It sounds like you've come a long way since the camera that Katie dropped from the third story (?) of the London center. Happy snapshotting.

Anonymous said...

Good words.