Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Congratulations to Katie

If you will allow me to brag about my wife for just a moment, I just wanted to say a quick congratulations to Katie. She was awarded the Utah Dietetics Association Intern of the Year Award today at the Association's annual conference. I got to go to the conference's luncheon today, where they announced Katie's award, along with a few others. Basically, she was recommended by her teachers at BYU, and the Utah Dietetics Association chose her from a number of other interns who were nominated from BYU, Utah State, and the University of Utah. Its a great honor, and she has worked very hard, even when she was terribly nauseous from the pregnancy. She very much deserves the award. I have often said that during her two years in her dietetics program and one year in her internship, she has worked much harder than I have in my three years of law school. That says something about the rigorous nature of BYU's dietetics program, but it also shows what a great worker Katie is. She really knows how to wear herself out for a good cause.

Of course, in her acceptance speech she thanked her wondeful husband because, if he hadn't regularly ironed all of her shirts, she would not have had anything to wear to her internship.

2 comments:

Jayme said...

CONGRATULATIONS KATIE!!

Katie said...

I am rather embarrassed and surprised by this blog. Thank you for your kind words. However, you must give yourself much more credit. You have endured countless hours of a stressed out wife, listening to cardiac and diabetes eating instructions, lesson plans, presentations and the like. You should be a certified "Dietitian Husband" that's for sure. You also deserve all the credit for ironing my shirts, cleaning the toilet :), bathrooms, kitchens, doing all the laundry, and cooking. Thanks for being my #1 fan.