Friday, August 18, 2006

Daddy Time





Baby Gracie is still doing great. She keeps Katie up most of the night, which is too bad, but she is so cute its hard to begrudge her that. Katie manages to sneak in naps while Grace sleeps during the day, which helps. The benefit of the situation is that, when I come home from work, Katie is pretty tired, so I get to spend a couple hours of good, quality time with baby Gracie while Katie lies down or takes a bath. I get to sit and rock her in the rocking chair, read her books, tell her stories, and take her on walks (sometimes Katie joins us for the walks). It is so much fun. I always thought that little babies were a little boring because they just sleep all day. I was always much more excited to have kids that were 2 and older because you could play with them. Boy was I wrong. Maybe other people's kids are a little boring in longer doses (for other people, not for the parents), but I could just sit and hold Gracie for hours while she slept, and I would be having the time of my life.

1 comment:

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

She is so beautiful! I love the bow! I love how much hair she has. I loved Ian's "Daddy time" pictures and stories. Katie--hope you can get some rest. We are thinking of you guys, and it makes me that much more excited for our own little bundle of moving joy. I can't imagine he is going to be as calm as Gracie.