Friday, September 22, 2006

The Office

What did everyone think of the season premiere of The Office last night? I thought there were some funny parts, especially Dwight's gay-dar, but I was a little disappointed. I guess I was bothered by the fact that the opted to go with a major cliff-hanger at the end of last season and that they just told you how it got resolved over the summer as part of a sub-plot in the first episode. This episode would have been more satisfying, I think, if it were the second or third episode of the season. Everyone wanted the juicy details about what happened with Jim and Pam.

6 comments:

cblakes said...

I haven't seen it yet (i have class during the show), but it seems most people were disappointed with the premiere. I agree though, that Jim and Pam should've been the focus...

Ian said...

I didn't say the show's focus should be on Pam and Jim, only this episode. The show may have been a victim of its own marketing campaign. The writers/producers opted to go for a cliff-hanger (a sure sign of a "faggie" romantic comedy) and then all of their advertisements leading up to the season premiere totally focused on Pam and Jim (another sure sign). They didn't have to resolve anything in this episode; just recognize that you went with a cliff-hanger by spending more than 50% of the premiere on that storyline. Maybe they realized it was a mistake to go with the cliff-hanger and this was their way of dealing with it.

cblakes said...

I also am guessing that the episode happened early so Oscar would be off of the show for a while to make room for other storylines, and the rumored Brit-Office character guest appearances. I'm betting that he takes his "3 month paid vacation" immediately.

Also, I liked Jim's new arrogant office "buddy" who calls Jim "Big Tuna." When he flipped out about the jello calculator...that was awesome.

whitney said...

I agree with Spencer and Allison, Brad and I liked it. Had some good laugh out loud moments. Ian you need to stop being a lawyer and over thinking it.

Keep posting lots of pictures of Gracie - she is so cute!

Ian said...

Whatever the merits of the season premiere, I am sure that we can all agree that the second episode was hilarious! Katie was already in St. George, so I watched it alone, but I still laughed really hard.

Katie said...

It's my favorite when Ian is watching something by himself and is laughing out loud.