Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Annual Halloween Party

Spencer and Allison hosted another succesful Halloween party this past weekend. The theme was "The Amazing Race," and, after enjoying some hourdorves at our home, the couples were pitted against each other in a race across Salt Lake. The first stop was the church near our house. There, the contestants got their first clue, which directed them to find Mountain West Small Business Finance. At MWSBF, they had to show off their dance moves, and no one could advance without advancing a few levels in "Dance Dance Revolution." After MWSBF, the couples had to go to a store and buy a quart of ice cream and take it to the church by Katie's parents' house. Each couple had to eat the whole quart of ice cream before they could advance. To speed up the process, most couples microwaved their ice cream and drank it. Keler tried to cheat by spooning ice cream into the garbage can, for which he received a penalty. Then the teams had to race to my parents house in Bountiful, where they had to complete a 100 piece puzzle. We enjoyed more snacks there, and the winners of the costume contest and the race were revealed. I am pleased to announce that, for the first time, Katie and I won the costume contest. I don't have pictures of everyone's costume. If I get more from Allison, I'll post them (Or, if she posts them on her web site, I will provide a link). For now, I'll post what I have.

Katie and I as Kip and Lafawnduh.













Gracie as a cute bunny













Keler and Melissa as Sergei and Petrova, Russian figure skaters.

7 comments:

Ian said...

I actually thought of the idea last November. I thought of it during one of my thrilling law school classes, probably corporations.

A bunch of people were dressing up as Napoleon Dynamite last year. It was pretty funny, but I thought it could be funnier with a creative twist. I thought about it for a minute and thought Kip and Lafawnduh would be really funny. Then I figured Katie and I could do it perfectly because I am so much taller than her. It worked out pretty good.

Time to get working on next year's costume!

cblakes said...

Yowser - I'm glad Ian's not a woman, and that Katie's not a man:) Awesome costumes. If Christopher would've been around he would've made a great Uncle Rico, I think.

I really wish we could've been there. But am glad our title has been passed on to worthy competitors!

Ian said...

Christopher and Amber did make it. They were a very good Wayne and Garth. It was good times.

Katie said...

Ian did think of the idea last fall. We decided that we would go with it unless we came up with something better. I must say Ian looked pretty hot in that short skirt and tights! His stint as Lafawnduh even made him "Wetzel of the Week!"
Another fantastic party Spencer and Allison! I don't know how you come up with great ideas. Everyone had a wonderful time! Thanks-

M said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
M said...

I don't think I've seen a finer duo (plus bunny Gracie) since Enid Greene and Bob Bennett! Ian, you're so becoming...Can I borrow the mini skirt? Well done, you two! Kates, that's not THE wig, is it? The Jackie Joyner Kersee wig? (Among others)

Katie said...

Marth, I'm afraid it is not "the" wig. Cathie found this wig for us. However, the Jackie Joyner wig was a good one. I totally forgot about that.
I don't know that any costume could really beat the Enid/Bob combination :)!