Friday, January 05, 2007

State v. Bradshaw

The first opinion that I did a lot of the work on, State v. Bradshaw, just got published (here's a pdf viewable online if you're interested: www.utcourts.gov/opinions/supopin/Bradshaw2122906.pdf). I wrote a couple of early drafts. Then Justice Nehring did some substantial editing. Then I did another strong edit or two, and it was ready to go (after being read and edited by the other Justices and law clerks at the court). Its a criminal case involving the Utah communications fraud statute. We had to define what a "scheme or artifice" was a little better. I have to be careful about what I say about it, so I'll just let the opinion speak for itself. Its a fairly interesting case. We've got some more interesting cases coming down the pipeline here soon, so I'll let you know when those come out.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Nice work Ian. Interesting case. It's fun being able to read something you worked on since you can't talk about it while actually working on it.