Sunday, June 01, 2008

Book Review: By the Hand of Mormon

I just finished reading "By the Hand of Mormon" by Terryl Givens, and I highly recommend it to all Musingian readers. It is a fascinating and well-crafted reflection on the Book of Mormon. Givens is an English scholar and academic, so this book certainly has a scholarly/academic bent to it, but I think Givens does a good job of still making it accessible. Givens reviews a lot of recent scholarship on the Book of Mormon, which is really interesting, and he adds a lot of his own insights that are . . . well, insightful. My review can't do it justice, but I hope you will take my advice and read it. It is well worth it.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'll add it to my list. I'm glad you liked it. Perhaps you can give further details for your FHE lesson tonight...