Wednesday, March 14, 2007

March Madness

Let the madness begin. I can't wait for tomorrow. I have carefully deliberated my bracket picks, trying to pick the right upsets and to predict the ultimate champion. Here's a brief summary:

My final four picks: Florida, Kansas, Georgetown, and Texas A&M (I have Kansas beating Texas A&M in the final).

Upset specials: in my most daring upset special, I picked Texas A&M Corpus Christie to upset Wisconsin (sorry Cblakes). I will either look like a total genius or a total idiot on this one. A&M Corpus Christie beat Northwestern State in their conference tournament final to get their bid, and I really like Northwestern State (they played Utah State really close last year, I picked them as an upset special in last year's tournament and they came through with a win over 2-seed Ohio State, and they destroyed Utah State this year). So I've got a good feeling about them. I also picked Winthrop over Notre Dame (a common pick), VCU over Duke (another common pick), and Albany over Virginia (Albany beat Utah, Utah beat Virginia, therefore Albany must beat Virginia, right?).

4 comments:

Jayme said...

I guess Texas A&M CC was just loosening the Wisconsin lid for UNLV!! Adios cheese heads!!

Ian said...

Yes, my trusted mates from A&M CC fell a little short in their efforts to tumble their cheese-headed brethren to the far north. But Wisconsin was ripe for an upset, and, unlike a fine Wiconsin cheese, being ripe was not a positive.

Elyse said...

Texas A&M coach, who played the rebels in a preseason tourney, predicted the upset by UNLV....

Too bad BYU came up just short...it would have been fun to see them play OSU

cblakes said...

true. wisconsin cheese is very good, unlike the badgers' performance. I can't blame you all for not picking Wisconsin. It didn't help that Butch was hurt.