Friday, March 03, 2006

Maiden Voyage

Ah, my maiden voyage in to the blogosphere . . .

A number of different things have been the impetus for this mementos occasion. First was probably all the jokes I made every Wednesday before, during, and after our screening of Lost downstairs with Cblakes and Emily. Without fail, I would make some lame variation on the joke about logging onto the blogosphere to explore the various conspiracy theories surrounding the show. Then my friend Rob went off to Spain and Cblakes and I joked that he should create a blog about his trip. It was all fun and games until my dad registered the family for a .mac account, which provides space on a remote access disk (the iDisk) for the sharing of files and for the hosting of blogs and web pages. Then Rob really did create a blog (see http://robbiespain.myblog.com). I began exploring what .mac had to offer and researched the applications and upgrades available in iLife ‘06. The possibility of being able to easily create a family web site and blog with iWeb was just too tempting, especially considering the fact that Katie is with child. I just had to have a cool, electronic medium for showing off my sure-to-be adorable offspring (after all, I did convince Katie to let me get my PowerBook by saying that it would be like a high-powered, digital scrapbooking machine). So here I am. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Ian you are as cute as ever. You must have a very beautiful wife that serves as your "muse." I look forward to hearing all of your praise and adoration of her wife on your blog. Yes, I am excited to see you continue to use your Powerbook as a "digital scrapbook machine." what a husband.

Ian said...

What a husband is right. As I often remind you, never in your wildest dreams did you imagine that you would have such a nerdy husband. You never imangined that your husband would love LOTR; you never imagined that your christmas tree would be covered in LOTR, Star Trek, Star Wars, and Harry Potter ornaments; you never imagined that your husband would hand his "Sting" sword in the living room; and now, I can add, you never imagined that your husband would be a blogger. Still, you are very lucky.